My web site

Come visit me at

www.dragonthing.com

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

What is ’300 Stories’? | 300 stories Dieter Rogiers

What is ’300 Stories’? | 300 stories

 Dieter Rogiers says:

" I should write more. That’s what I said to myself on the eve of my 35th birthday. This blog is my way to grab the bull by the horns. My aim? To produce a short story in 300 words or less practically each day for the next year.

"Some of the stories will be hardly more than a sentence. Some of them will be hell to whittle down to a mere 300 words. But that is the challenge I’m setting myself. I’m hoping you’ll enjoy these stories and you’re free to comment on them.

"A word of warning though: there will be some industrial language and graphic descriptions along the way. But that shouldn’t spoil your fun."

 taken from an interview at http://www.readmill.com/

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you and what do you do outside of 300stories?
My name is Dieter Rogiers, I’m 35 years old and I live in Brussels. After dabbling for a while in screenwriting (not all that successfully alas) I now am part of the communications team of Belgium’s biggest political party. From an early age I devoured books and started writing my own stories. And that has proven to be a common thread throughout my life. Since putting my screenwriting career on the backburner my output has diminished considerably though I have published over a thousand online movie reviews over the past decade and a graphic novel of mine called Tunguska was published weekly in a big Flemish newsmagazine in 2010 and 2011.
What is 300stories all about?
I should write more. That’s what I said to myself on the eve of my 35th birthday. 300stories is my way to grab the bull by the horns. My aim? To produce a short story in 300 words or less practically each day for the next year. Some of the stories will be hardly more than a sentence. Some of them will be hell to whittle down to a mere 300 words. It won’t always be easy to keep up the pace and the quality of the stories. But that is the challenge I’m setting myself.

No comments: